Údaras announces funding for jobs and projects in the Gaeltacht

first_imgNewsx Adverts By News Highland – June 2, 2012 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Údaras announces funding for jobs and projects in the Gaeltacht Twitter WhatsApp Facebook LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Google+center_img Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Pinterest WhatsApp Udaras Na Gaeltachta has approved funding for a number of projects which it is hoped will create up to 54 jobs in Donegal when complete.Funding for a number of other projects of almost 600 thousand euro was also agreed.While no specific details where confirmed Údarás says a number of new projects have been approved throughout the Gaeltacht which will lead to the creation of 54 new additional jobs when developments are complete.In addition, the Board of Údarás na Gaeltacht approved funding of €350,000 for Ealaín na Gaeltachta Teo to enable the company to continue its arts development programme in the Gaeltacht.Capital expenditure of €145,000 will be spent on renovation works to ‘An Marglann’, an Údarás-owned building in Gleann Cholm Cille – it will provide arts, cultural and sporting activities.Funding of €150,000 for Muintearas Teo to assist the company in the implementation of its education and training programme has also been granted. Facebook Previous articleRival nightclub owners warned about alcohol price-war in BundoranNext articleMichaela McAreavey murder trial hears claims of fabricated confession News Highland Pinterest Google+ Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Reportlast_img read more

T&T union plans to file contempt of court proceedings against state-oil…

first_imgPORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – The Oilfield Workers Trade Union (OWTU), says it intends to file contempt of court proceedings against the state-owned PETROTRIN, after accusing the oil company of failing to discuss the manner through which new staff will be employed at two new companies.The government has announced plans to shut down the loss-making PETROTRIN and replace it with three new companies, including Heritage Petroleum Company Ltd, and Paria Fuel Trading Company.Contempt of court “The company refused to say what criteria are being used in the hiring process and what is the whole structure of the new company. It constitutes contempt of court and we will be going for contempt of court proceedings in respect of their refusal to answer those questions,” OWTU President General, Ancel Roget told reporters.Last week, the Industrial Court ruled that the company violated the Industrial Relations Act by failing in good faith to treat and to enter into negotiations with the union for the purpose of collective bargaining, particularly, the shutdown of the company and the retrenchment of its 4,700 employees.The Court ordered PETROTRIN to meet with the union to discuss the “issues related to the terms and conditions of employment of the workers for which the company had a duty to discuss with the union.”The Court had given the parties until Tuesday to discuss the matter.But Roget told reporters that two members of the PETROTRIN board are also members of the new company “and therefore are duty bound to provide answers to the questions coming from the court.”New employment not sustainable The OWTU said it believes that while the retrenched workers are being offered new employment, these jobs are not sustainable and the workers would most likely be paid minimum wages with inadequate terms and conditions of employment.“Essentially it is to get the union out because it is their belief that if they get the union out they can wreak havoc. That is what they will consider to be profitable and successful,” Roget said, expressing concern also at the existing pension plan for the workers.He said the government had indicated that the plan was sufficiently funded but that the trustee, Republic Bank says otherwise.Roget said that PETROTRIN could not say whether all workers will collect their severance packages on Friday.last_img read more