El Cajon businesses evacuated, 1 in the hospital after carbon monoxide leak June 17, 2018 Updated: 2:31 PM Posted: June 17, 2018 KUSI Newsroom EL CAJON (KUSI) – An exhaust fan that appeared to have been accidentally turned off led to high levels of carbon monoxide at an El Cajon shopping center Sunday, triggering evacuations of multiple businesses.Firefighters were called to a Starbucks on Fletcher Parkway near Navajo Road about 8:15 a.m. to assist with an employee who reported difficulty breathing, said Heartland Fire and Rescue spokesperson Sonny Saghera.While at the scene, the firefighters monitored the air and noticed carbon monoxide inside the coffee shop, Saghera said. Workers and customers were cleared out of the Starbucks and nearby businesses, including an adjacent bagel shop, the Golden Bagel Cafe.Firefighters were able to trace the carbon monoxide to the bagel shop, and found an exhaust fan above a boiler had apparently been turned off, allowing the gas to collect and spread, Saghera said.A hazardous materials team was able to ventilate the businesses, and people were then allowed back inside.The Starbucks employee was taken to a hospital for treatment.Carbon monoxide is not poisonous in itself, but where it accumulates it displaces oxygen, and can be lethal. KUSI Newsroom, Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Emmanuel Macron, head of the political movement En Marche !, or Onwards !, and candidate for the 2017 French presidential election, celebrates after partial results in the first round of 2017 French presidential election, at the Parc des Expositions hall in Paris, France April 23, 2017.ReutersBenchmark indices BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty ended with gains of about 1 percent on Monday tracking global cues, mainly centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron qualifying for the May 7 run off in the first round of French presidential elections held on Sunday.The Sensex closed 290 points higher at 29,656 while the 50-scrip Nifty ended at 9,218, up 98 points.”France led gains in European equities as investors speculated that pro-growth centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron will win the presidential election after he made it through to the second round,” brokerage Motilal Oswal Securities said in a note.”Strong global cues and better than expected quarterly results by HDFC Bank, ACC and UltraTech lifted market. Moreover, fall in oil price, hopes of GST implementation and positive domestic cues boosted the market sentiment. Asian markets like Nikkei surged nearly 1 percent and European markets gained between 2-4 percent after French election (results),” the brokerage added. The rally was also supported by upbeat Q4 results by HDFC Bank last week, triggering a spurt in many bank stocks, including state-owned lender Vijaya Bank that hit a fresh 52-week high of Rs 76.80 before closing 8.74 percent higher at Rs 75.25. The US Federal Reserve’s observation on GST’s potential to boost India’s GDP growth by up to 4.2 percent also added to the positive mood on the exchanges.Top Sensex gainers were GAIL, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank and Larsen & Toubro. HDFC Bank shares closed 2.41 percent higher at Rs 1,533 on better business prospects. “With tier 1 capital of 13.3%, strong capacity amid the moderate growth cycle and significant digitization initiatives, the bank is well placed to benefit from the expected pick-up in the economic growth cycle,” Motilal Oswal Securities said in another note.Later in the day, Reliance Industries will be declaring its Q4 results. The stock closed 1.19 percent higher at Rs 1,416. Apart from Vijaya Bank, other stocks that hit a new 52-week high included India Cements, Hathway Cable, Dilip Buildcon, Future Retail, South Indian Bank and Piramal Enterprises.The Indian rupee closed at 64.44 to the US dollar on Monday, a gain of 0.27 percent from the Friday closing of 64.61.Gold prices lost Rs 350 to close at Rs 29,650 per 10 gm while silver ended at Rs 41,700 per kg.Among major companies, Wipro, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, IDFC Bank, LIC Housing Finance and Zensar Technologies will be declaring their Q4 results on Tuesday.
Mohammad Nabi Ayoubi, (2nd R), Peer Mohammad Rohani, (3rd R), Khalifa Naween, (3rd L) Dr. Abdul Shakoor Majoor, (2nd L) attend the international Ulema conference for peace and security in Afghanistan in Jeddah on 10 July 2018. Photo: AFPMore than 100 Muslim scholars from around the world meeting Wednesday in the Saudi holy city of Mecca issued an urgent appeal for peace in Afghanistan as they ended a two-day conference.”The solution to the cause of the Muslim Afghani must particularly go through mutual understanding and direct peaceful negotiations,” read the closing declaration.”Reconciling between battling Muslims is one of the greatest and most honoured acts of worship,” it said.The international gathering, which focused on prospects for peace in Afghanistan, was sponsored by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, based in nearby Jeddah.Yousef al-Othaimeen, the head of the 57-member pan-Islamic organisation, ended the meeting by urging a ceasefire for Afghanistan.”The OIC calls on all parties to observe a truce, respect a ceasefire and enter into direct negotiations,” he told reporters at the close of the conference.The scholars were received on Wednesday by Saudi King Salman, who expressed his country’s committment to a peaceful resolution in Afghanistan, according to state news agency SPA.The Taliban ignored an invitation from the OIC to attend the Mecca conference, Saudi daily Asharq al-Awsat reported Wednesday.Thus far, the Taliban has not responded to Afghan President Ashraf Ghani’s offers for dialogue, instead demanding to sit down with the United States, which has dismissed this proposal.Attacks occur on a near-daily basis in Afghanistan, where the US toppled the Taliban from power 17 years ago. On Wednesday, an unclaimed attack on an education department facility in eastern Afghanistan left at least 11 people dead.A recent ceasefire between Afghan security forces and the Taliban during the Islamic holiday Eid had raised hopes that an end to hostilities in the war-weary country was possible.But the Taliban refused the government’s request to extend their three-day ceasefire, launching attacks that have seen scores killed or injured.
Activists and protesters march to the US Department of State building after holding a demonstration calling for sanctions against Saudi Arabia and against the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, outside the White House in Washington, US on 19 October. Photo: ReutersSaudi Arabia on Sunday called the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi at its Istanbul consulate a “huge and grave mistake,” but sought to shield its powerful crown prince from the widening crisis, saying Mohammed bin Salman had not been aware.The comments from foreign minister Adel al-Jubeir were some of the most direct yet from Riyadh, which has given multiple and conflicting accounts about Khashoggi’s killing on 2 October, first denying his death and later admitting it amid an international outcry.“This was an operation that was a rogue operation. This was an operation where individuals ended up exceeding the authorities and responsibilities they had,” Jubeir said on the US broadcaster Fox.Related Coverage“They made the mistake when they killed Jamal Khashoggi in the consulate and they tried to cover up for it,” he said.The weeks of denial and lack of credible evidence in the face of allegations from Turkish officials that Khashoggi had been killed have shaken global confidence in ties with the world’s top oil exporter.US treasury secretary Stephen Mnuchin said Saudi Arabia’s admission that the Washington Post columnist was killed in a fistfight was a “good first step but not enough,” though he added it was premature to discuss sanctions against Riyadh.Three European powers – Germany, Britain and France – pressed Riyadh to provide facts, and chancellor Angela Merkel said Germany would not export arms to Saudi Arabia while uncertainty over Khashoggi’s fate persisted.Late on Sunday, the Saudi Press Agency said both Saudi king Salman and prince Mohammed had called Khashoggi’s son, Salah, to express condolences.Jubeir had extended condolences to Khashoggi’s family earlier on Sunday. “Unfortunately, a huge and grave mistake was made and I assure them that those responsible will be held accountable for this,” he told Fox.Jubeir said the Saudis did not know how Khashoggi, a Saudi national and US resident, had been killed or where his body was. He also said prince Mohammed was not responsible.Khashoggi vanished after entering the consulate to obtain documents for his upcoming marriage.After two weeks denying any involvement in the 59-year-old’s disappearance, Saudi Arabia on Saturday said Khashoggi, a critic of the crown prince, died during a fight in the building. An hour later, another Saudi official attributed the death to a chokehold.“Nothing can justify this killing and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms,” Germany, Britain and France said in their joint statement.“There remains an urgent need for clarification of exactly what happened … beyond the hypotheses that have been raised so far in the Saudi investigation, which need to be backed by facts to be considered credible.”The White House said late on Sunday that US president Donald Trump had spoken to French president Emmanuel Macron and the two had discussed a range of issues including circumstances surrounding Khashoggi’s death.Reflecting international scepticism over its account, a senior Saudi government official laid out a new version that contradicts previous explanations.The latest account includes details on how 15 Saudis sent to confront Khashoggi had threatened him with being drugged and kidnapped and killed him in a chokehold when he resisted. A member of the team dressed in Khashoggi’s clothes to make it appear as if he had left the consulate.Erdogan to SpeakTurkish officials suspect Khashoggi was killed inside the consulate by the Saudi agents and his body cut up. Turkish sources say authorities have an audio recording purportedly documenting Khashoggi’s murder.In a speech on Sunday, Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan appeared to suggest he was getting ready to release some information about the Turkish investigation, and would do so at his weekly speech on Tuesday to members of his ruling AK Party.Erdogan has remained largely silent on the case, although Turkey’s pro-government newspapers have released information about events at the consulate.Turkey’s Anadolu agency said early on Monday that Erdogan and Trump had spoken on the telephone and agreed that “all aspects” of the case needed to be cleared up.For Saudi Arabia’s allies – particularly in the West – the question will be whether they believe that the prince, who has painted himself as a reformer, has any culpability. King Salman, 82, has handed the day-to-day running of Saudi Arabia to him.Trump calls Saudi account of Khashoggi death incomplete“I am not satisfied until we find the answer. But it was a big first step, it was a good first step. But I want to get to the answer,” Trump told reporters this weekend, when asked about the Saudi investigation and Riyadh’s firing of officials.In an interview with the Washington Post, Trump said that “obviously there’s been deception, and there’s been lies.” He had suggested last week that “rogue killers” might have been responsible for Khashoggi’s death, a comment critics called an effort to play down the crisis.A leading Republican US senator said he believed the crown prince was behind the killing, adding that the Saudis had lost credibility in their explanations of his death. “Yes, I think he did it,” Bob Corker, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told CNN, referring to the crown prince.King Salman ordered the dismissal of five officials, including Saud al-Qahtani, a royal court adviser seen as the right-hand man to Prince Mohammed, and deputy intelligence chief Ahmed Asiri, Saudi state media reported on Saturday.The king also ordered a restructuring of the intelligence service, to be led by Prince Mohammed, suggesting the prince still retained wide-ranging authority.Some governments and prominent executives have said they would pull out of a forthcoming investment conference in Saudi Arabia.According to the senior Saudi official, the Saudi team rolled up Khashoggi’s body in a rug, took it out in a consular vehicle and handed it to a “local cooperator” for disposal.
×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety The shows will premiere later this month and will be available in seven Indian languages. Hotstar has 150 million monthly active users.“Hotstar is the leader of the streaming services in India and a perfect partner for us. We hope to entertain their audiences, to contribute in a small way to help achieve their business objectives, and to ink a deeper, longer-term creative relationship with them,” said Sameer Nair, Applause Entertainment CEO. India’s leading OTT platform, the Fox- and Star-owned Hotstar will launch its recently announced original programming slate, branded Hotstar Specials. It has commissioned four shows produced by Applause Entertainment, the content arm of the $43 billion Aditya Birla conglomerate.“Criminal Justice”, the BAFTA winning British series, the first season of which was remade as the HBO Emmy winning series “The Night Of,” will get an Indian adaptation by Tigmanshu Dhulia (“Paan Singh Tomar”) and Vishal Furia (“Lapachhapi”). Stars include Jackie Shroff, Pankaj Tripathi and Vikrant Massey.The Indian version of global cult hit “The Office,” remade by Rohan Sippy, Debbie Rao and Vivek Bhushan will also bow on Hotstar. Sudhir Mishra (“Daas Dev”) directs the Indian adaptation of hit Israeli show “Hostages.” Cast includes Ronit Roy, Tisca Chopra and Parvin Dabas. Political drama “City of Dreams” by Nagesh Kukunoor (“Rainbow”) stars Atul Kulkarni and Sachin Pilgaonkar, rounds out the slate.