Dorothy Steinmetz (Bruns) passed away on September 2, 2019. She was preceded in death by her husband of 59 years, Marvin, and their infant daughter Mary. She was a devoted mother to sons Daniel (Patti), Donald (Sue Ann), James (Jane), Russell (Anita), Ralph (Teresa), and Thomas (Jenny), and a loving grandmother to Brian, Samuel, Alec, Gabriel, Drew, Julie, Andrew, Megan, Maria, Benjamin (Michelle), Rachel, David, Anthony, William, Joshua, Jacob, Olivia, and Jocelyn. She is described by her family as a selfless, faithful, and strong woman who carried herself with humility, strength, and an appreciation for what God had given her.Dorothy was born November 16, 1929 to John and Olivia Bruns (Wallpe) inRipley County, Indiana. She was preceded in death by her parents, and siblings Bernadette (Leo), Alfred (Rosemary), and Robert (Alene). She is survived by sisters Marjorie (Edward) and Roselyn (Raymond) and brother Gerald (Janet).While living in Yorkville, Indiana, Dorothy stayed involved in St. Martin’s church and parish activities, including organizing meals and events, as well as embroidering quilts for the annual church festival raffle. She was also an active member and former president of the American Legion Ladies’ Auxiliary in New Alsace, Indiana.Family and friends may pay their respects at Andres-Wuestefeld Funeral Home in Dover, IN on Thursday, September 5th from 5:00pm-8:00pm. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Martin’s Church in Yorkville, IN at 11:00am on Friday, September 6th. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Alois Alzheimer Foundation (aloisalzheimerfoundation.org). Dorothy’s family would like to extend their gratitude to the Alois Alzheimer Center and Queen City Hospice for their compassionate care and support.
The 21-year-old Spaniard has scored three times in as many Barclays Premier League games, including winners against both Tottenham and Liverpool, to draw comparisons with Geordie heroes such as Alan Shearer and Andy Cole. However, while he has been delighted with the youngster’s contribution to date, he is determined not to pile the pressure on him as he prepares to unleash him on QPR this Saturday. Press Association Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has urged people not to label striking sensation Ayoze Perez after a stunning start to his career in England. “He’s a smashing player and is low-maintenance. We’re enjoying him on the training ground.” If Pardew has found a solution at one end of the pitch, he is having to be inventive at the other end too with Coloccini definitely sidelined by a calf problem this weekend and Steven Taylor also struggling. As a result, left-back Paul Dummett will line up the in the middle once again alongside the fit-again Mike Williamson, and his manager will have no qualms about him doing so. He said: “He’s been a player that the fans were slow to respond to. For us, we’ve always felt he had a massive chance because of his defensive abilities. They’ve really come to the fore in this run, either at left-back or centre-back. “He’s got a tough job on Saturday. He will play centre-back and will be up against two strikers really on their game. This will be a big test for him. “But I’m not going to lose any sleep over it, I’m confident he can deal with it, and I couldn’t pay him a higher tribute than that.” Pardew also moved to address claims from South America that midfielder Jonas Gutierrez had been told to find another club after being diagnosed with testicular cancer. The 31-year-old is due back on Tyneside within the next few weeks after winning his battle, and the manager insists he will be welcomed with open arms. He said: “It’s difficult, when you’ve said to a player to get a new club and unfortunately the illness has come. “You try to be supportive, but of course, the player wants to find a bit more assurance than that. “But that decision was a 100 per cent football decision. I want to invite Jonas back and give him the best possible chance when he returns.” Pardew said: “At the moment, he’s fearless. He’s got the wind in his sails and is going along very nicely. He’s been very sharp in training. He’s a threat. “If you take your eye off him, he’s a predator. I’m sure QPR will be having conversations of how to look after him. He’s difficult to pin down, his movement is very clever. “But he is a young player. Some of the headlines have been way off the mark – the new Alan Shearer, the new Andy Cole. “This is a boy who has played three games. Those players are legends and have done it all. Ayoze is just setting foot in the Premier League. “But I have to say, he’s done really well so far. I’m pleased with him.” Perez, a £1.5million summer signing from Tenerife, has got his chance because of an injury to Papiss Cisse with the Magpies having decided not to sign a big-name frontman during the close-season. He was seen as a player for the future, but the impact he has made to date has been remarkable after settling in with a little help from skipper Fabricio Coloccini. Pardew said: “He’s a nice, bright boy. Because of the language, Colo has taken him under his wing. That’s helped him settle quickly.
How does Jose Aldo look in his cut down to 135? pic.twitter.com/8BwRr1FRWx— Thefightgame88 (@thefightgame88) December 5, 2019 Last Updated: 6th December, 2019 22:27 IST UFC: Jose Aldo Looks Insanely Scrawny In His Current Weight Cut For Bantamweight Debut Take a look at Jose Aldo’s insane weight cut for his bantamweight debut against Marlon Moraes at UFC 245. Know more about the upcoming fight between them. FOLLOW US Featherweight legend Jose Aldo is bidding goodbye to his former division. He will go up against Marlon Moraes in his bantamweight debut at UFC 245. The Brazilian had a great career at 145 lbs unit but his recent fights did not go as per plan. Jose Aldo has faced three defeats in his last five fights and he has turned his attention towards the bantamweight roster. However, Jose Aldo’s current weight cut is quite surprising and UFC fans are shocked to see the former champion in his new avatar. First Published: 6th December, 2019 22:27 IST 9 months ago UFC: Everything you need to know about the new ‘UFC Honors’ award @danawhite when I talk about something I”m talking seriously and for real. I already made a test and I can make this weight!— Jose Aldo Junior (@josealdojunior) August 21, 2019 Also Read | UFC: Justin Gaethje Baits Conor McGregor For A Future Fight By Ridiculing His ComebackUFC: Jose Aldo looks shredded in bantamweightAccording to the former featherweight champion of UFC, he is in the final stages of his weight cut down and is feeling absolutely fine. Jose Aldo had to undergo a proper diet to get down to 135 lbs. In a recent interview with MMA Fighting, Jose Aldo revealed that he consumed salad for almost two months to change his physique. The Brazilian has given up on meat and steak, as his diet has been replaced by two pounds of salad every day. Take a look at Jose Aldo’s new physique for bantamweight bout. Thoughts on recent picture of Jose Aldo a little over a week until his Bantamweight debut? #UFC245 #MMA #MMATwitter pic.twitter.com/476O1GM5Um— Giancarlo Aulino (@Gian_411) December 5, 2019 9 months ago Brock Lesnar’s comeback victory over Shane Carwin is still one of UFC’s greatest fights 9 months ago UFC: Khabib Nurmagomedov channels inner LeBron James, scores fantastic basket Written By Raj Sarkar LIVE TV SUBSCRIBE TO US WE RECOMMEND Also Read | UFC: Khabib Nurmagomedov Channels Inner LeBron James, Scores Fantastic BasketAlso Read | UFC: Everything You Need To Know About The New ‘UFC Honors’ Award WATCH US LIVE Jose Aldo is a veteran and he had been undefeated for ten years before breaking down in front of Conor McGregor at UFC 194. However, there is no doubt that Jose Aldo is one of the greatest martial artists in the promotion. He possesses the power to win a fight from any situation. Take a look at Jose Aldo’s iconic moments in UFC. 9 months ago UFC: Justin Gaethje baits Conor McGregor for a future fight by ridiculing his comeback 9 months ago UFC: Colby Covington calls out Dana White for being a ‘coward’ and ‘spreading lies’ COMMENT Also Read | UFC: Colby Covington Calls Out Dana White For Being A ‘coward’ And ‘spreading Lies’UFC 245: Jose Aldo vs Marlon MoraesBoth the men are known for their explosive punches and super speed body moments. Their upcoming fight is expected to be a dog-fight. While Jose Aldo is new in the division, Marlon Moraes has already got his hands upon Jimmie Rivera and Raphael Assuncao. Thus, he can offer a hard time for Jose Aldo inside the octagon. Some recent photos Jose Aldo, bantamweight edition. pic.twitter.com/oF0VhDVHeF— Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) December 5, 2019
…To be scrapped after PPP wins 2020 electionsIn reiterating his disapproval of the Green State Development Strategy (GSDS) that was created to replace the Low Carbon Development Strategy (LCDS), Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo said it would only put pressure on the treasury, and if the People’s Progressive Party (PPP) returned to office, it would be automatically scrapped.Jagdeo described the draft strategy, which he has had a look at, as one that was a basic ‘cut and paste’ of best practices from around the world, essentially lacking the ability to attract funding for Guyana.“It will add cost. I disagree with its fundamental premise. The premise which brings cost to the country versus earning money for the country… The LCDS was an economic strategy. It earned money for Guyana. The GSDS is so far about expenditure from our treasury. That is why conceptually, we disagree with it.”Jagdeo, the mastermind of the LCDS, which secured him international recognition and led to him being conferred with the “Champion of the Earth” award by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) said that under the LCDS, there were specific areas that were targeted for development purposes across Guyana.“We said we are going to spend US$10.5 million on Amerindian land titling. It solved a problem. Two, we will spend US$17 million on ICT (Information Communication Technology) in the hinterland. We would spend x amount of money like US$80 million on the hydropower by buying down equity,” he explained.Further, the Opposition Leader said there were also plans to create a centre for biodiversity studies and establish an adaptation plan. He said, “We searched into crops that were flood and bug resistant. We set aside money for small loans and grants too to individuals in various sectors. It was about 20 initiatives and we were earning money doing that, we weren’t taking money from taxpayers’ money.”As such, the former Head of State argued that the GSDS was more about cost to the Guyanese public. “Right now, they are talking about planting trees and all of that. They missed the whole point that that was an economic strategy to adjust to the future. That’s why conceptually, we have a major difference,” he added.Reference was also made to the fact that several foreign consultants were hired to review the strategy for advice and further input, including requesting the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) to be part of it. Jagdeo, who was the first President of that body, said he has seen a lot of what has been used before in the GSDS, in addition to that of the work being done by UNEP.“The speeches would tell you, (David) Granger… the first year he went into Parliament. He keeps saying one thing over and over again. It does not change. Same old thing,” Jagdeo stated, noting that the GSDS would not bring any substantial benefits to Guyana, but rather put pressure on taxpayers’ dollars.Jagdeo noted that the Strategy has not received the approval of the National Assembly, while noting that it was still at its conceptual stage. Nevertheless, he said, “That is a political initiative of Granger until it has parliamentary approval as far as we are concerned. In all likelihood, we will scrap it as soon as we get into office, because it makes no sense. It will only add cost. That’s all.”A number of renewable energy farms and facilities form the thrust of Government’s goals in the GSDS. The Government plans to build a solar energy plant to the tune of US$3.8 million. The farm, to be funded by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), will be constructed at Bartica, Region Seven (Cuyuni-Mazaruni). It was indicated that construction of this farm would be completed by the end of 2018.Government has also secured funding from the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) to establish solar photovoltaic (PV) farms at Port Kaituma, Region One (Barima-Waini) at a cost of US$1.8 million; Kwakwani, Region 10 (Upper Demerara-Berbice) to the tune of US$2.6 million; and Matthews Ridge, Region One (Barima-Waini) at a cost of US$2 million. It has also secured a line of credit of approximately US$15 million.The Government has been heavily criticised for the GSDS that has been touted as a blueprint to developing a “green economy”. The Opposition has described the document as a hollow one. But with Government recently getting the green light to access funds from Norway for its renewable energy initiatives, questions remain over exactly what policy document was presented.