For Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino the English Premier League side needs to invest in the squad in order to win silverware.Tottenham Hotspur is currently in third place in the English Premier League with 48 points. The team is six points behind first-place Liverpool.But for Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino, the only way Tottenham will win a title is if they invest in quality players.“Of course now after nearly five years the club is on another level than five years ago, but how we operate in four or five years didn’t change,” Pochettino said according to ESPN.“That is the point when sometimes people talk about winning titles.”Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“One thing is to reduce the gap with the top four, to be competitive, to create a team capable of fighting with the big sides,” he added.“But if after we want to win titles we need to operate in a different way.”“Of course, maybe we can win some titles but it’s going to be a tough job to do because in that situation every club in the last five years was improving a lot,” he commented.“The other day I saw a stat, in the last 10 years in England and in Europe how the teams were spending money, and I think we were on the bottom, in England and Europe.”
KUSI Newsroom, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsPOWAY (KUSI) – An hours-long standoff ended Sunday afternoon after a man barricaded himself in a Poway building for much of the morning and early afternoon.The standoff was taking place at an apartment attached to a business on the 14000 block of Poway Road.The road was blocked off between Garden Road and Sudan Road. Authorities confirmed that no one was in danger.The Sheriff’s Department said SWAT and crisis negotiation teams were at the scene. The department also urged media and others not to post pictures or video that could endanger deputies.“Please do not put the lives of deputies at risk by posting video or photos of their positions LIVE on TV, web or social media during the incident,” the department said.Sheriff Lt. Dave Perkins confirmed that the standoff had ended by about 1 p.m. No details on how the situation was resolved or identifying information on the suspect was immediately available. Posted: February 17, 2019 Updated: 6:30 PM February 17, 2019 Update: standoff ends in Poway KUSI Newsroom Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Dan Cohen AUTHOR House lawmakers on Thursday voted to strip a controversial immigration provision from the fiscal 2016 defense authorization bill, removing one possible barrier to the measure’s passage this week.Language added to the defense policy bill in committee last month would have encouraged the defense secretary to consider allowing individuals eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program to serve in the military. The provision drew heated opposition from conservatives who tried to have it stricken from the bill by the House Rules Committee. Instead, lawmakers adopted an amendment, 221-202, removing the language.Debate over the amendment took place during the first series of votes on amendments Thursday, reported CQ Roll Call. Debate continued into Thursday night, with the House aiming to vote on the underlying legislation Friday.Lawmakers rejected an amendment that would change the statutory requirement for the number of operational aircraft carriers the Navy must maintain from 11 to 10.“Now that’s an arbitrary, restrictive requirement,” said Rep. Jared Polis (R-Colo.), who offered the amendment. “Perhaps they should have more. Perhaps they should have less.”Senior Armed Services members of both parties, including Seapower Subcommittee Chairman Randy Forbes (R-Va.) and the panel’s ranking Democrat, Joe Courtney (Conn.), opposed the proposal.
Comment AT&T Comcast Mobile Tech Industry Getty Images One way wireless carriers are working to stop the flood of unwanted robocalls is through authentication systems that verify caller IDs. One drawback so far has been that these systems work only on calls to and from the same provider. On Wednesday, AT&T and Comcast said they’ll offer call authentication between networks later this year. Customers will be able to see verified calls from all participating carrier providers. AT&T and Comcast’s authentication system is the industry’s first to verify calls between separate providers, according to the companies’ release. The two carriers verified calls earlier this month between AT&T’s Phone digital home service and Comcast’s Xfinity Voice home phone service, the companies said in the release. “While authentication won’t solve the problem of unwanted robocalls by itself,” the companies said, “it’s a key step toward giving customers greater confidence and control over the calls they receive.”This comes after the Federal Communications Commission said carrier companies need to implement robust call authentication systems this year. In February, FCC Chairman Ajit Pai said companies should get the systems installed by the end of 2019 or the FCC will consider “regulatory intervention.” Share your voice 1 Tags
A SpiceJet passenger plane moves on the runway at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport in the western Indian city of Ahmedabad January 8, 2014.Reuters fileShares of low-cost carrier SpiceJet rose as much as 6.33 percent to hit an intraday high of Rs 82.70 on the BSE before shedding gains and were trading at Rs 82 at around 2.45 pm. Other aviation stocks such as IndiGo-owner Interglobe Aviation and Jet Airways were trading with minor gains.The 52-week high for SpiceJet is Rs 85.60.The spurt in SpiceJet share prices was apparently due to the carrier’s CMD Ajay Singh saying that the Delhi government’s decision to slash sales on ATF prices from 25 percent to 1 percent on RCS routes will benefit the company. RCS, or regional connectivity scheme, is aimed at promoting aviation services in remote areas of the country. SpiceJet is one of the carriers to have bid for flying under the scheme. The government of India is likely to officially announce the RCS routes to the concerned carriers and services are expected to commence as early as April.”…it seems that what the Delhi government has done is they have passed on that same benefit aircraft which are fuelling in Delhi. So all aircraft which are flying under the RCS scheme, when they fuel their aircraft in Delhi will have to pay a reduced sales tax of 1 percent when they travel on these RCS routes,” Ajay Singh told news channel CNBC-TV18.Under the RCS norms, airlines serving the destinations will be entitled to ATF that will attract a concessional sales tax rate of 1 percent. Once the same is extended by the Delhi government also, it would result in cost savings for SpiceJet, Singh added.In January 2017, SpiceJet’s market share in the domestic air traffic business stood at 12.8 percent. The largest carrier by volume is IndiGo, at about 40 percent. Domestic carriers flew 95.79 lakh (9.57 million) passengers during the month, marking a growth of 25.13 percent over 76.55 lakh passengers flown in January 2016.There are 12 domestic carriers in the Indian civil aviation space comprising budget carriers IndiGo, SpiceJet and AirAsia India, and full-service airlines including national carrier Air India, Jet Airways and Vistara. The Tatas have a stake in AirAsia India and Vistara, the latter co-owned by Singapore Airlines.
A court in Khulna Wednesday sentenced six people to life imprisonment for murdering a trader in a bomb attack in 2010, reports UNB.The convicts are Akter Jamil alias Boni, son of late Firoj Ahmed, Jahidul Islam alias Babu Bhuiyan, son of late Nur Mohammad Bhuiyan of Phultala upazila, M Alam Shiekh, son of late Barkat Ali of Narail district, Monirul Islam, son of Golam Mustafa, Al Mamun alias Bomaru Mamun, son of Siddikur Rahman and Bipul Bairagi, son of Debendra Nath Bairagi of the same district.The court also fined them Tk 50,000 each. In case of failure to pay the fine, they will have to suffer five years more rigorous imprisonment.According to the prosecution, Azad Gazi, a trader of Phultala upazila, died after sustaining severe injuries in a bomb attack by the convicts at Uttar Aloka village in Phultala upazila on 2 February 2010 over demanding extortion of Tk 3 millions.Victim’s brother Abdus Sobhan filed a case accusing unnamed people. On 26 February 2012, police submitted a chargesheet against six accused in the case.After examining the records and witnesses, Public Safety Disturbance Crime Prevention Tribunal of Khulna judge SM Solaiman handed down the verdict.
WikiCommonsMedical marijuana.A ruling by a New Mexico judge this week may enable Texas residents to register for that state’s medical marijuana program. But critics are worried that Texans may end up breaking state and federal laws.New Mexico’s Department of Health went to court this summer to challenge a law that would issue ID cards to out-of-state residents, including Texans, to buy medical marijuana. It argued the law encourages non-residents to violate state and federal laws and was never meant to include them.But a state district judge in Santa Fe disagreed and ordered the state agency to issue the cards to non-residents. The court will hear arguments against the ruling on Aug. 19.Jax Finkel is the executive director of the Texas chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML. She agrees with News Mexico’s Department of Health that the change would lead to an increase in arrests.She’s also concerned the program could lead to both confusion among Texan patients and an increase in arrests.“While we want patients to have access to medical cannabis, it is problematic that they would have to cross state lines. This would lead them to break federal law,” Finkel said.Finkel said these patients could face marijuana possession charges if they cross back into Texas because the Lone Star State’s Compassionate Use Program only covers CBD oil that has a psychoactive THC concentration of less than 0.5%, and patients must be listed on Texas’ registry. The ruling applies to all U.S. states, but in the lawsuit, Texas and Arizona are named as two states that could specifically benefit. This story has been updated.Ryan Poppe can be reached at RPoppe@TPR.org and on Twitter at @RyanPoppe1. Share
Michael Cryor expounds on OneBaltimore. (Photo by Mark Dennis)In the wake of the riots that followed the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake named Michael Cryor, a well-respected civic leader, to lead the OneBaltimore effort.Rawlings-Blake announced the formation of OneBaltimore, a public-private partnership focusing on improving education,employment, minority and women-owned business opportunities, and affordable housing, among other things. In tapping Cryor to lead the initiative, Rawlings-Blake said at a news conference, “As soon as we launched the OneBaltimore initiative, Michael’s name was at the top of my list as the right choice to lead this effort, and his name was at the top of the list of many, many others, too.“I know that he has the understanding and experience in our city, and the vision for what needs to be done both now and in the long-term, to lead the transformative change that OneBaltimore can create.”Cryor, with a long history of civic and political involvement in Baltimore including co-chairing Gov. Martin O’Malley’s Believe campaign, said that he would first focus on increasing the number of jobs available to high-school student by 50 percent through the city’s Youth Works program.The program is for young people aged 14-21, and the city has provided funds for about 4,500 positions, Cryor said. The problem is that close to 8,000 people have registered for the program, which begins on June 25 and pays a minimum of $8.25 an hour for 25-hours a week of work. The city is looking for private donations to cover the gap.The jobs range from working in an office to working outside. “In many cases it will be work outside; gardening, cleaning up, or what have you,” said Cryor. “When I was young man I worked in the shipyards but I learning many things like getting up when I didn’t want to, following orders, and other things that make you a productive member of society.”Cryor hopes to not just focus on the short term issue of summer jobs, but also long range solutions. “Right now, we have a moment to make some rather substantial improvements not just in services but in the ways we conceive solutions to problems, many of which are long term and systemic,” Cryor said. “In addition, we have the immediate need of providing summer jobs.”Cryor is also staffing the OneBaltimore organization and figuring out where it fits in with the other services the city offers. “I don’t want to be duplicating services other organizations already provide. Right now I need to get a feel for what other organizations are doing,” Cryor said. “I’m not eager to run out and commit to a lot of things I can’t fulfill, nor do I want to sit in a room and answer to 50 or 60 people every week.”The goal of the OneBaltimore program, Cryor said, is to prove Baltimore is more than the images of rioting and fires much of America witnessed over the past few weeks. “We hope to restore some confidence in the city of Baltimore,” Cryor said.“We recognize there are some things to address but we remain a viable city. We have to pull together, we have to deliver on the things we say, and admit there are something we need to improve upon as community.”
Cuisines evolve with time and to keep a track of latest experimentation, evolving food habits and other things, it is important to include certain changes in the menu. The restaurant La Piazza, Hyatt Regency has radically changed the menu where there will be more options for vegetarians. During the visit to the restaurant, the décor and usage of space is the first thing that catches the eye. The whole arrangement is typically Italian and well maintained. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’After settling down, I was offered sparkling wine and soon the exquisite delicacies from the newly curated menu were dished out one after the other. The first dish served was a salad with vegetables and fruits procured from the hotel’s own farm. The salad, called Insalata di rucola e parmigiana with lettuce, vegetables and strawberry balsamic dressing, was crunchy and flavourful. The freshness of the salad was sufficient to create more room for what was about to follow. Also Read – Leslie doing new comedy special with NetflixCarpaccio di tonno cetrioli pomodori finocchi cipolloto which is basically Tuna carpaccio with cucumber, tomato, spring onion, extra virgin olive oil and lemon was soft and it melted in the mouth with the meat giving its own distinct flavour. Gorging onto it was simply delightful. Next dish was Tortelloni ripieni di ricotta e tartufo nero serviti con crema, which is truffle and ricotta tortelloni with potato, parmesan cream sauce which vanished as soon as it came on to the table. The delicious gravy gave a unique texture to the dish and the drizzled olive oil gave the whole dish a new dimension. After I was done admiring the culinary marvel, the next dish to satiate my taste buds arrived which was Trancio di salmon alla griglia peperonata con patate olio al basilica which is basically grilled salmon fillet with capsicum potato stew and basil oil. The softness of the perfectly cooked salmon made the taste buds quiver with joy. The stew was delectable but the fish clearly stole the show. I was joined by the two Chefs, the newly appointed Ivan Chieregatti, Executive Chef at Hyatt Regency, Delhi and Alessandro Sandrolini, Executive Sous Chef. In between the meal, we shared the intricacies of Italian cooking. The Chefs said: “We’ve curated the menu keeping in mind the meat preference, people’s choices and availability. The change is radical and people love the new dishes. We’re happy to receive a positive response.”They assured that they will not overfeed me and we laughed heartily. The next dish was asparagus and artichokes lasagna which seemed difficult to finish as the portions were large but I took out a generous helping and devoured it slowly. The sourness of the asparagus gave a lovely tinge to the lasagna and it merely took 3-4 minutes to consume the entire helping. Now it was time for dessert and I couldn’t wait to gorge on some exquisite Dolci. The chefs told me that they are ready to surprise me and when the dish arrived, I was astonished to see a beautiful choco lava cake along with Banana flavoured Gelato and egg white meringue. Delighted as I was after a joyous lunch, this new menu is bound to tingle your senses.